Monday 30 June 2008

Stewart Gardner

It is always difficult losing someone, but some have a bigger influence/impact on life than others! Stewart was for me, one of my big influences!

I knew Stewart for around 16 years, and he was always a best mate!

He was the guy I used to booze with in my "younger" years - although I am still a youthful 34 ;)

He was the type of person who always saw positives in life and work. He strived to be the best at everything - a qualified CHEF! and a qualified and top class SOFTWARE DEVELOPER! - given the later I only recall 3 other people I have worked along side with a professional talent close to his in Software (my skills don't even come close)! He lived and breathed development.

He was my best man at my wedding - a very difficult speech he had to write (given the lack of skeletons in my closet)... I recall him very nervous reading it :) But a fantastic delivery ;)

He was the guy that convinced me to get a career and get a career in computing! - helping me along the way with my degree for which I am very grateful.

He helped me gain my first professional job! and a very interesting one it was ;)

In retrospect my only regret is that I never really thanked him enough!

*****************************
Update:
Karen Stewarts wife has paid tribute to Stewart in her local newspaper

*****************************

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw thats so lovely hun. Stu thought the world of you too. You always had that stupid banter between you, but he loved coming up to yorkshire to see you and have a pizza!!
I dont think you had to thank him, he was your mate and close friends dont need to. You have some amazing memories of Stu, keep them close.

I will always stay in touch.

Loadsa Love N Hugs
Karen xxxxxx

The Author said...

A really nice obituary about somebody who clearly had a good influence on you. People live on in our memories.

David Callaghan said...

I am obviously gonna sing Stewarts praises cos he was a close mate.

But he was a genuine guy and everyone liked him. His funeral was testement to this - they closed his whole deparment and everyone attended!

Will miss him!