Tuesday 14 October 2008

New Found Love of Food

If you ask Julie or any of my family - I have never attempted to cook. I rely on packets, take-aways and other people to provide me wholesome meals :)

Anyway - the past few months home life has been getting a little busier for me, Julie and Luke. So I have been helping to cook a few meals now and again as Julie generally does all the cooking.

Surprisingly - I actually enjoy cooking (when it doesn't burn)!!!! I made Sunday lunch for my mother the other week and she complimented me on my Yorkshire Puddings as they rose out of the tins - and apparently her and dad always struggled to get them to rise - compliments like this have spurred my new passion :)

Anyway - this week Julie has given me an early birthday present (as we are away for my 35th Birthday) - two cook books!!!


Jamie's Ministry of Food
Nigella Christmas: Food, Family, Friends, Festivities

The later choice I haven't a clue why she bought - maybe because she knows I think Nigella is a foxy lady :)

Anyway - this week I am going to be cooking my first meal from scratch - just for me and Julie on Saturday night. Chilli :) one of my favourites

5 comments:

Christian Briddon said...

By an amazing coincidence my mum bought the same Nigella book for Victoria yesterday. The picture on the front cover was taken when she was indeed a foxy lady and before she had some 'work' done....

The Author said...

Woooo - well done for doing the cooking - I love cooking but never have the time to do it properly - if you're nice to me I will let you have my Italian Grandma's secret recipe for the best ever spag bol :)

David Callaghan said...

I love spag. boll and Negella is indeedy a foxy lady :)

Let me have the recipe for Spag. Bol :)

My big plan is to cook a meal for my family when I visit in the states next month :)

Practice practice practice :)

The Author said...

ask christian for my e mail address - then e mail me - and then I'll send you the recipe!!!

Good luck Mr Nigella !!

Victoria said...

As Christian mentioned, I have recently been bought the Nigella Christmas book - result= 10 for Christmas at our house!!!I can't wait, all I've ever wanted was for Christian's mum to pass Christmas onto me & now she has!! Clever Nigella :) Good luck with your chilli!