Saturday 1 November 2008

Florida - Day 2

Today we decided to have a "quiet" day!

We had a nice sleep in, got up and had a leisurely morning.

We did a little shopping: I picked up a new PSP for my birthday and 2 pairs of Levi's - the later cost 45 dollars for 2 pairs = 22.50 which is an absolute bargain. The last pair of Levi's I got were 40 quid!!! - shows what markup they put on. My sister said the reason is that Levi's in the US aren't the fashion item they probably are in the UK hence the price difference.

We also bought Luke his Halloween costume - Spider-Man. He loves it so much he has worn it all day and night and has gone to bed in it :S

This afternoon - I attempted a swim in my sisters very cold swimming pool - I wadded in up to my knees and then gave up due to the cold shock. I also went with my sister and picked up my nephews from School - which was fun, my nephews were over the moon that Uncle Dave had collected them :)

This evening was very entertaining - we did the Halloween *thing*. It was FANTASTIC!!
In the US Halloween is more involved than in the UK. Everyone gets involved and its a lot of fun. I had a real laugh wandering around the streets, knocking on doors and participating. Luke has a HUGE sack of sweets - he has no hope in hell of ever eating them all. He must literally have a couple of hundred sweets in his bag!

Everyone gets dressed up - the kids love it - we went to houses where gardens were converted into Cemeteries, people sitting on their porches dressed as Dracula and Skeletons. I chatted to loads and loads of people, some people had "adult" treats - I had a beer :) The people were very welcoming and generous :)

Having troubles getting pictures onto the blog from my sisters lappy - but will post some in the next day or so. Have some cool pictures of Halloween to post :)

And now a few pictures :)

Indiana Jones (Nick), Spider-man (Luke) and Random Trooper :s (Harry)
The whole trick or treat crowd: Afterwards (check out the bags full o sweets):

3 comments:

Victoria said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY for today (Sunday). I didn't send you a card as I knew you'd be away - maybe some belated muffins when you get back. Have a great holiday & birthday, love to everyone xxx

The Author said...

Howdy - over there in the US of A. Hope you had a lovely birthday - and enjoy your holibobs. Keep us informed of all your fun times. xx

David Callaghan said...

Muffins are a fantastic idea ;)

Thanks for the birthday wishes both