Sunday 24 June 2007

Wales and the Measels

Wales was an excellent trip away for us all, and we were visiting with some really good friends Phil and Nic (Norminton).

To summarise... as there is a lot to cover

Accommodation
We rented a house together for the week named "Min-y-lynn" and it was fantastic. A very clean and large house, with well maintained grounds.

A
link to the house

Stella Consumption
Me and Phil managed to get through 6.5 boxes of Stella in 6 nights!!! ... That is not counting the beers we drank in the pub.

I am very proud of this achievement ! - *pickled liver me thinks*

A
link to the brewery

Cardiff and the Castle - A place to visit
Fantastic!!! I would really recommend Cardiff as a city, nice for a wander around. Cardiff castle was also a very interesting place to visit. We spent the dosh and took the guide tour around, and I have to say it was one of the most interesting tours I have had (I do like the historical aspects of place... castles etc.)

Here is a
link to the castle

Newport - A place NOT to visit
This had to be the low point of the holiday for me... Newport is a very dirty and grubby city. We parked at the back end of town and had to walk through the bus station to get into the city center to look around. In our opinions (all four of us), we had never seen as many unsavoury characters in any one place at once!!!

Measles
Luke managed to catch the measles whilst on holiday. This meant two trips to the hospital on the last day, and a quick retreat back to sunny Yorkshire.

We had to travel through the night because the measles made Luke irritable. This meant me driving from 9:15 at night through to 2:30 in the morning... and this was after a full days activities ... EEK!!

The measles also had a weird affect on Luke... it sent him a bit psycho. I have to admit I will never forget his tantrum in the ground of Caerphilly Castle, as a wedding was taking place and as lots of tourist wandered around the grounds.

All it well now, the spots have gone and he is back to his cheerful self!

Regardless of the negatives the holiday was FANTASTIC and a good weeks break.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

I'm pleased to here he's better. At least he got ill at the end of the week!

Victoria said...

Ooops -I mean hear!

David Callaghan said...

It was good that it was the end of the week...

But he went completely nuts with it :(

I caught him literally swinging from Julie's hair during his last tantrum