Sunday 14 September 2008

Family Parties ROCK!!!

I come from a very large family - my mum has 12 brothers and sisters and each of these has at least two children (no joke). So when we all get together it is a fun time.

Tonight was my cousin's 30th birthday - and god do i feel OLD!!!

Highlights of the evening...
1. Chatting to my cousin's daughter Faye - I used to baby sit for her - she is now 18!!!!!! When I was looking after her I was 18

2. Aunt Cathleen - "I remember you from BBC's The One Show" - I haven't told many people this but it is semi-funny.

Last year whilst on holiday in the Isle of Wight - we arrived at the boarding house for tea. I said to Julie lets stick the telly on... so I switch on BBC 1

NNNOOOOO

Aunt Cathleen on "The One Show" - chatting with her "new" boyfriend about Internet Dating for the over 50's

YUK

I told the family about it (cos she hadn't told anyone) and they all called me a LIAR - how wrong they were!!!

Have to admit a very sureal moment

3. Kids - all my cousins are now sprouting kids and it is wierd. Doesn't seem 2 minutes since me and my cousins were the kids

How life passes by so fast ;)

PS: This is "another" drunk post - update tomorrow (early) to follow :D

No comments: