Wednesday 10 September 2008

My Worse Fear - Realised

Luke is only 3 and a half and either during the night or first thing in the morning he jumps into bed with us both to sleep or cuddle.

He always brings lots and lots of toys with him so me and Julie end up pushed to opposite sides of the bed :(

I woke this morning knowing Luke was at the side of me - I turned fully to my side (half asleep) and checked the time on my phone - it was 7:20 a.m.

I thought to myself blissfully I can sleep another half hour!!! - and rolled onto my back

To my surprise I was wet - the lower half of the back of my T-Shirt and arse were dripping. I threw the sheets off, jumped out of bed and there in the middle of me and Julie was a WET "BATMAN" (see previous post) - Bruce Wayne had pee'ed himself.

I now can see the funny side - but at the time I was very wound up and upset. If he wants to pee the bed he has his own bed with plastic sheets. Julie has spent part of the morning cleaning it up and the first hour of the evening re-washing our mattress and drying it with a hair dryer.

At the super market tonight I had to buy some fabreeze just to take away any potential odours (from the pee and disinfectant) :(

I am sure I shall recall this story at an appropriate (and embarrassing) point in Luke's future - I remember some of the terrible stories my parents used to tell and now I know WHY!!!

1 comment:

Christian Briddon said...

I can't believe you are blaming Luke for you little accident. :-)